Crawl and Barney both now inhabiting The Cloud
I’ve just updated Crawl to add some more controller support and fix a few issues. Gameplay features, new content and balancing are still to come in the first major update next month!
The biggest changes are the ability to have more than one player on keyboard, and the addition of steam cloud support (or if you’re using DRM-free builds, you can now copy save files around).
Next up I’ll be working on some of the balance issues we’ve been discussing on the community forums. Barney’s been working on some new monsters, but right now he’s on a plane heading off to the US for PAX Prime this week. We’re not showing Crawl off on the PAX show floor, but if you’re in Seattle you can wander around the corner to the free Seattle Indies Expo and play there. Barney will be hanging around so try and hunt him down for a game!
- Steam Cloud support: You no longer have to unlock everything again on each machine you play on!
NB: The first machine you play on with the update will sync it’s existing progress to steam cloud. After that other machines you play on will take the progress that’s in the cloud. (So play on the machine with the most progress first!)
- Added direction control calibration (up/down/left/right). You should be able calibrate and use “retro” controllers and arcade sticks now.
- Keyboard can now be set up to have multiple players. Choose Keyboard Setup in the options menu to set your keys.
- You can now use the mouse to navigate the front menus.
- Mouse controls no longer break after finishing a game using the mouse.
- Fixed single controller being able to join and control multiple players. (eg: DualShock4 on Linux)
- Fixed discounted store items marked as “can’t afford” incorrectly when player had exact amount of gold.
- Safe zone values no longer load incorrectly and mess up the GUI on Linux.
- Corrected spelling of vampiric ring.
- Hero arrows no longer hit the wall behind when fired.
- Bot ghosts no longer hover over pentagram without using it.
- Bots no longer continuously try and shoot chests/crystals with bow when there’s a wall in the way.
where do i go to update if i have DRM free?
You can login to humble at https://www.humblebundle.com/home and download again to get the updated version.
is there a lvl cap?? me and my cousin played for about two hours of one game and this is what it looked like …
Great work guys!
I have this thing installed on chrome that makes anything that says “the Cloud” is then changed to “My Butt.” love you telling me the it now has steam butt support in BOLD letters.
and “After that other machines you play on will take the progress that’s in my butt.”
Thanks for the update Dave! The saved game feature especially will help me out 🙂
Noticed a bug when going to fight the end boss if the computer is controlling that character. If you place one of your blobs down as a ghost, and he blows up the door with it, the computer will keep trying to blow the door open even though it already is and will not progress further.
Thanks Tim, I have that one on my list to fix!
I just wanted to say how AWESOME Crawl is! I wish i could affort puttin up an arcade machine to run crawl on right now!
Sadly i wasn’t able to get Crawl to work with PS3 controllers on ubuntu 14.04. Using the keyboard is not really an alternativ. A work around with multiple mice through xinput didn’t worked either… was worth the try tough.
I can’t wait to see more content… maybe even more bosses? Or bosses based on who one is worshipping?
Whatever one say this game does have tons of potential! Keep up the great work.
I have a cheap gamepad from china, and i use x360ce. Google it and download its free and works perfectly fine.
You guys are gods, keep up the awesome work! Me and my friends are up all night playing local 4 player just like the old days on the n64, can’t wait for the update!
I don’t know if you guys will read this comment, considering this post is already kinda old-ish. I just wanted to say that I bought the game when it came out and I am OBSESSED with it! I don’t have many real-life friends, so I’ve only been able to play 2-player games, but it has still been super fun! I looked back through the blog and saw a ton of run animations from monsters that aren’t in the game yet and it is making me extremely eager for the update!! Keep up the great work, guys.
Pretty sure I’m obsessed…”
Seeing as how I check for blog updates like every 4 hours or something. XD
Pls tell me you guys are planning on console ports, oh pls oh pls oggghhhhhhthe pain, THE PAIN OF THIS GAME NOT BEING ON CONSOLE!! With that local multiplayer thing going on it makes sense dunnit? 🙂
yep, we’re definitely keen to get crawl onto ps4 and xbone 🙂
as a small studio though it might take a while, as we have a lot more work to do on the PC version first!