Based in Melbourne, Australia
11 April 2017
Crawl is the local multiplayer dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters! Battle through randomly generated dungeons full of traps and monsters- all controlled by the other players. If a friend kills you they take your place and it's their turn to crawl! It's a race to gain enough XP and loot to face your friends as they control the flailing limbs of the hulking final boss!
Crawl started as a game made in a few days for a little local multiplayer gamejam between a few friends. It immediately proved to be a winning formula, and became the first project for Dave and Barney when they quit their "real" jobs to start Powerhoof and make games of their own. In August 2014 Crawl was released onto early access, and in the years that followed the duo continued to add a plethora of content and features to the dungeons. Crawl launched on 11th April 2017 on PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, then on the 19th December on Nintendo Switch.
- A New Spin on Dungeon Crawling- Every trap and monster controlled by your real life buddies!
- Supports up to 4 in local-multiplayer.
- Vicious single player AI, challenges to master, and items to unlock.
- Turbo Charge Role Playing- Level up and amass a massive variety of weapons, spells and items in each 30 minute game.
- Evolve over 60 unique monsters from mere vermin into powerful demons and undead warriors.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Switch Launch Trailer YouTube
Early Access Trailer YouTube
Greenlight Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - Human Human Machine (Best Local Multiplayer) Award" A MAZE Festival, 2015
- "Honorable Mention - Excellence In Visual Art" Independent Games Festival, 2015
- "Winner - Excellence In Art" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "Finalist - Excellence In Audio" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "Finalist - Excellence In Design" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "Finalist - Innovation Award" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "3rd Place- Best Overall" Editors Choice - Indie of the year, IndieDB, 2014
- "Innovation Award" Editors Choice - Indie of the year, IndieDB, 2014
- "Official Selection - Indiecade Festival Games" Indiecade Festival, 2014
- "The concept - a dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters - is as brilliant as it is elegantly simple, and it's got oodles (or blob monsters, as it were) of style to back it up."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Grab three friends and gather round; this is a dungeon crawl you won't forget in a hurry."
- Pete Davison, US Gamer
- "Crawl takes its inspiration from the arcade cabinets of old and plays exactly like a distilled, quarterless version of those experiences."
- Tom Marks, PC Gamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Powerhoof allows for the contents of Crawl to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Crawl is legally & explicitly allowed by Powerhoof. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.powerhoof.com/press/sheet.php?p=crawl.
Posts from our blog relating to Crawl. Chock full of art and animation. powerhoof.com.
Crawl OST by Alex Yoder alexyoder.bandcamp.com.
Powerhoof is a two man independent games studio located in Melbourne, Australia. While both tinker in all aspects of game development, Barney Cumming is the preeminent artist and animator, and Dave Lloyd's background is in programming.
Their first project was Crawl - The dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters. This was followed up by Regular Human Basketball, a multiplayer party-starter (no giant mechanical death-machines here), as wells as a plethora of smaller free titles.
Both members of the duo now have a pet project they're currently working on - Barney with Acid Knife, and Dave with The Drifter.
More information on Powerhoof, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art, Animation, Design