Based in Melbourne, Australia
PC Early Access: 6 August 2014 ----------------- All Platforms Full Release: 11 April 2017
Crawl is the local multiplayer dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters! Battle through randomly generated dungeons full of traps and monsters- all controlled by the other players. If a friend kills you they take your place and it's their turn to crawl! It's a race to gain enough XP and loot to face your friends as they control the flailing limbs of the hulking final boss!
Crawl started as a game made in a few days for a little local multiplayer gamejam between a few friends. It immediately proved to be a winning formula, and became the first project for Dave and Barney when they quit their "real" jobs to start Powerhoof and make games of their own. In 2014 Crawl was released onto early access, and in the years that followed the duo continued to add a plethora of content and features to the dungeons. Crawl is due for final release on 11th April 2017 on PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- A New Spin on Dungeon Crawling- Every trap and monster controlled by your real life buddies!
- Supports up to 4 in local-multiplayer.
- Vicious single player AI, challenges to master, and items to unlock.
- Turbo Charge Role Playing- Level up and amass a massive variety of weapons, spells and items in each 30 minute game.
- Evolve over 60 unique monsters from mere vermin into powerful demons and undead warriors.
Greenlight Trailer YouTube
Entry 14: Spiders YouTube
Entry 21: The Coven YouTube
Entry 23: Skeletons YouTube
Early Access Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - Human Human Machine (Best Local Multiplayer) Award" A MAZE Festival, 2015
- "Honorable Mention - Excellence In Visual Art" Independent Games Festival, 2015
- "Winner - Game Of The Year" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "Winner - Excellence In Art" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "Finalist - Excellence In Audio" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "Finalist - Excellence In Design" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "Finalist - Innovation Award" Australian Game Developer Awards, 2014
- "3rd Place- Best Overall" Editors Choice - Indie of the year, IndieDB, 2014
- "Innovation Award" Editors Choice - Indie of the year, IndieDB, 2014
- "Official Selection - Indiecade Festival Games" Indiecade Festival, 2014
- "The concept - a dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters - is as brilliant as it is elegantly simple, and it's got oodles (or blob monsters, as it were) of style to back it up."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Grab three friends and gather round; this is a dungeon crawl you won't forget in a hurry."
- Pete Davison, US Gamer
- "Crawl takes its inspiration from the arcade cabinets of old and plays exactly like a distilled, quarterless version of those experiences."
- Tom Marks, PC Gamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Powerhoof allows for the contents of Crawl to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Crawl is legally & explicitly allowed by Powerhoof. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.powerhoof.com/press/sheet.php?p=crawl.
Posts from our blog relating to Crawl. Lots of exciting images and animations! powerhoof.com.
Powerhoof is a two man independent games studio, located in Melbourne, Australia. Barney Cumming does the art and animation, and David Lloyd handles programming. Their first project is Crawl - The dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters. Crawl was released on early access in August 2014, and they've been busy since, adding more features and content to the dungeons.
More information on Powerhoof, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art, Animation, Design