Crawl and Barney both now inhabiting The Cloud
I’ve just updated Crawl to add some more controller support and fix a few issues. Gameplay features, new content and balancing are still to come in the first major update next month!
The biggest changes are the ability to have more than one player on keyboard, and the addition of steam cloud support (or if you’re using DRM-free builds, you can now copy save files around).
Next up I’ll be working on some of the balance issues we’ve been discussing on the community forums. Barney’s been working on some new monsters, but right now he’s on a plane heading off to the US for PAX Prime this week. We’re not showing Crawl off on the PAX show floor, but if you’re in Seattle you can wander around the corner to the free Seattle Indies Expo and play there. Barney will be hanging around so try and hunt him down for a game!
- Steam Cloud support: You no longer have to unlock everything again on each machine you play on!
NB: The first machine you play on with the update will sync it’s existing progress to steam cloud. After that other machines you play on will take the progress that’s in the cloud. (So play on the machine with the most progress first!)
- Added direction control calibration (up/down/left/right). You should be able calibrate and use “retro” controllers and arcade sticks now.
- Keyboard can now be set up to have multiple players. Choose Keyboard Setup in the options menu to set your keys.
- You can now use the mouse to navigate the front menus.
- Mouse controls no longer break after finishing a game using the mouse.
- Fixed single controller being able to join and control multiple players. (eg: DualShock4 on Linux)
- Fixed discounted store items marked as “can’t afford” incorrectly when player had exact amount of gold.
- Safe zone values no longer load incorrectly and mess up the GUI on Linux.
- Corrected spelling of vampiric ring.
- Hero arrows no longer hit the wall behind when fired.
- Bot ghosts no longer hover over pentagram without using it.
- Bots no longer continuously try and shoot chests/crystals with bow when there’s a wall in the way.